CandyLand Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE)

+5
Killa
Jewsus
Runtime
synthetic
SaigonTimeMD
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE) - Page 2 Empty Re: So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE)

Post by synthetic Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 am

its looking really nice Saigon ! Very Happy
synthetic
synthetic

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE) - Page 2 Empty Re: So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE)

Post by Killa Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:16 am

ok saigon :3 you better not let snippers dominate me by beeing little fags and hiding in a corner Razz
Killa
Killa
Admin

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2009-02-05

https://candyhouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S.W.A.T.Y Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:32 am

You just need to start using tf2 textures cuz those textures are for hl2 and they look bad in tf2, and oh, add cubemaps to your map, the 9th pic has purple and black textures if you noticed.
S.W.A.T.Y
S.W.A.T.Y

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by xexes Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah, make them snipers suffer! Raaaaaaaage for not being able to walk/run/jump outside of spawn! >=[ !
xexes
xexes
Admin

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by George Clooney Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Killa wrote:ok saigon :3 you better not let snippers dominate me by beeing little fags and hiding in a corner Razz
killa I'll domintate you with my huntsman any day
George Clooney
George Clooney

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Post by Runtime Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Skybox is very nice very nice

I must reiterate Killa's concern about snipers, and if its as big as it looks, the viability of soldiers/heavies could also come into question
Runtime
Runtime

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

Post by SaigonTimeMD Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:36 pm

George Clooney wrote:killa I'll domintate you with my huntsman any day
George Clooney wrote:threat of domination = admission of skill
George Clooney wrote:implying being good with the huntsman = being a good sniper
George Clooney wrote:implying the huntsman requires any measure of skill to use
George Clooney wrote:implying a baby piglet couldn't get dominations on the entire team from using that weapon

So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE) - Page 2 Everyone_is_wrong
SaigonTimeMD
SaigonTimeMD

Number of posts : 299

http://saigontime-MD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by George Clooney Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:14 pm

I see what you did there... pig
George Clooney
George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by SaigonTimeMD Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah, that was kind of a dick move on my part, I was really just looking for an excuse to use that reaction face.

As for the map, I'm sort of letting it be today, at least as far as actually mapping is concerned. I'm drawing out the secret paths, as well as planning the Engineer course out -- I'm actually thinking about making the Engies go through a hole in the ship's hull and out into space instead of going through the Engineering floor, but I dunno. It'd be hard to make a jumping puzzle in zero gravity.

Also, I had a thought. Jewsus knows about this already, but I figured I'd tell you guys too: anyone who's played Dead Space is familiar with the whispers, and for those of you who aren't: as the game progresses, the main character begins to hear voices. At first it's just a word or two, but close to the end he's hearing full-on conversations from people that aren't there. I've actually found a whole bunch of them online, and I was considering cleaning them up and adding them to the level. It wouldn't be constant, maybe one every two minutes or something, just enough to be noticed and to add that atmospheric touch. They can be heard here:

http://www.deadspacehorror.com/dead-space-whispers

I may work on the map some more tonight, but it's hot chocolate time now.
SaigonTimeMD
SaigonTimeMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Runtime Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Make sure you don't make the map file size too big - for instance, mach4's and turbine (back when it was a custom) popularity is due in large part to it being a very small file to dl
Runtime
Runtime

Back to top Go down

Post by synthetic Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Make sure you don't make the map file size too big - for instance, mach4's and turbine (back when it was a custom) popularity is due in large part to it being a very small file to dl
lol,
saigon make sure your map takes an hour to dl on runtimes fail internets Rolling Eyes
synthetic
synthetic

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Runtime Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Its true - why do you think unique maps like zig and aerospace arent more popular? Cause theyre 100 MB to dl
Runtime
Runtime

Back to top Go down

Post by S.W.A.T.Y Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:16 pm

I totally agree with Runtime, Im trying my best to keep the filesize as low as possible in pl_railroads, its 75MB now(not bad for a big map like that, Gold rush is 98MB). Like Runtime mentioned, aerospace and Zig are over 120MB and most people won't take the time to download it and they just skip it.
S.W.A.T.Y
S.W.A.T.Y

Back to top Go down

Post by SaigonTimeMD Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Well, it's easier for me to sort of go 'hog wild' at first, THEN trim it down, rather than being completely frugal and building stuff subsequently.
SaigonTimeMD
SaigonTimeMD

Back to top Go down

Post by S.W.A.T.Y Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:15 pm

This is the best site if you want to optimize your map Saigon. This is the site that everybody uses to optimize their maps. You will learn a lot from this site.

http://rvanhoorn.ruhosting.nl/optimization.php?page=news
S.W.A.T.Y
S.W.A.T.Y

Back to top Go down

Post by SaigonTimeMD Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 am

Hurm.

So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE) - Page 2 Ctf_deadspace0056

So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE) - Page 2 Ctf_deadspace0058

So SaigonTime is gonna make a map (CTF_DEADSPACE) - Page 2 Ctf_deadspace0059

I'm not going out there, there's monsters and shit.
SaigonTimeMD
SaigonTimeMD

Back to top Go down

Post by S.W.A.T.Y Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 am

hmmm 3rd pic has bad lighting on the ground if you noticed.
S.W.A.T.Y
S.W.A.T.Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Runtime Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Looks good but needs at least enough light to see if there's an enemy
Runtime
Runtime

Back to top Go down

Post by SaigonTimeMD Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Runtime wrote:Looks good but needs at least enough light to see if there's an enemy

There'll be more lighting, I was just showing off what I'd done in the spawn room so far.
SaigonTimeMD
SaigonTimeMD

Back to top Go down

Post by George Clooney Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Yup definitly looks like a spawn room alright
George Clooney
George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by S.W.A.T.Y Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 pm

I found this for you Saigon, might help you with the lighting.
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=7011
S.W.A.T.Y
S.W.A.T.Y

Back to top Go down

Post by SaigonTimeMD Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Fucking win, SWATY. It's so hard trying to do 'creepy' and 'be able to see the other fucking team' without a guide XD
SaigonTimeMD
SaigonTimeMD

Back to top Go down

Post by S.W.A.T.Y Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:37 am

Make sure you add sprites to the lights so you can get realistic lighting.
S.W.A.T.Y
S.W.A.T.Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2