CandyLand Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam Forums Podcast Suggests L4D is Kaput

Go down

Steam Forums Podcast Suggests L4D is Kaput Empty Steam Forums Podcast Suggests L4D is Kaput

Post by Jman Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:54 am

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=885290

Podcast

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009...chet-faliszek/

14:30 and onwards

Chet Faliszek wrote:
" He notes that the matchmaking will still come out. "a week after E3, matchmaking will come out"
Sdk will continue, and patches will continue."

Good Post here

Infernalis wrote:
Originally Posted by Infernalis View Post
No, you're definitely wrong. Why? Because of this:

Campaigns / Movies
It says: more movies
We got: not even one
You suggest: "Maybe one..."

It says movies. That's plural, which means more than one. With the word "more" it - arguably - gets even more than 2.

Characters
It says: more characters
You suggest: nothing

And I'm afraid "nothing" is what we'll see in future.

Weapons
It says: more weapons
You suggest: "Maybe 1-2"

It says weapons. That's plural, which means more than one. With the word "more" it - arguably - gets even more than 2.

Unlockables
It says: unlockables
We got: not even... - wait was there anything "unlockable" in the first place?
You suggest: nothing, again

Achievements
It says: achievements
We got: Yay, we got some! Even more than 2! The MOST important part of the game got updated, woohoo.

We got a new mode of course, and this is good. But I think most gamers want to have more content for the existing modes now - namely Campaign and Versus - rather than another mode.

So what's my point here? Valve promised all these things I have quoted, yet didn't fulfill any of them except for the achievements. Unless I get what was promised I will regard Valve the same as EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft etc., thus avoiding their products on release and get them a year later for not more than 10€.

As a side-note: Valve releasing a sequel does not "fulfill" what they said, since it was clealy said that Left 4 Dead would get those updates, and not a sequel or the L4D-Franchise for that matter.

Thanks

Jman
Jman

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down